Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Quandary

I'm in a bit of a quandary. I've been reading this blog . Chris has really inspired me. I've really cut back on my shopping. Not completely cut it out, the way she has. But I've cut waaaayyyy back. And I now think long and hard about whether I want a particular item cluttering up my house.

I've also begun purging the house of extraneous crap. One of the major obstacles I face, is when people hear I'm purging, they all tell me not to throw anything away. That they'll take it and use it, or donate it. The problem with this is, people have terrific intentions, and not so good follow up. I'm just as guilty of this as anyone. But it makes the current purge a tug of war between my emotions. On the one hand, I just want the crap outta my house. On the other hand, I have a lot of stuff that other people could put to use.

My solution so far has been to toss the real garbage, and put the "good crap" in a pile to be sorted. I'm just about ready to start sorting through the "good crap". But I'm undecided on what I'll actually do with the crap I don't want. I could pack it up and send it to Jibii. But I don't think she'd appreciate it. I could throw it all away, but then I'd have to deal with feeling guilty about throwing away good stuff.

Any suggestions?

No comments: