Friday, March 28, 2008

Trash pickin'

I was reading this blog, and she was writing about some trash picking she did this week. I have to say, I was impressed with her haul for the week. Two tables is pretty good.

And it made me think about my nephew's best lot of trash picking. When J was 12 he and some friends were out and decided to do some trash picking. They found "the motherload" in the form of several years worth of Playboys. Now, to a 12 year old, that has to seem like manna from heaven. Not wanting to question their luck, they grabbed the magazines, and left. Not really checking them out until they were safely home.

Imagine their horror to discover that all of their "motherload" haul was braille. Not a single picture other than the cover. Luckily, their horror was changed to delight when they checked ebay, and found out that they can be worth some money.

No comments: