Thursday, December 14, 2006

Christmas Tagging

Jibii posted this on her blog, and while I don't usually do this sort of thing... it looked like fun.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Both… I love them both. But at Christmas, I prefer hot chocolate, preferably with a candy cane

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? When I was a kid, Santa didn’t wrap, but now that I’m a bigger kid, he does.

3. Colored lights or white lights on tree/house? On the house? I love white lights. The candles in the window in particular. On the tree? Depends on which tree we’re talking about. The live tree gets colored lights and the artificial gets white.

4. Do you hang Mistletoe? Nope.

5. When do you put your decorations up? We start just after Thanksgiving. And quit about the middle of December.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Excluding dessert? Hmmm, we were just saying that we’re going to quit with holiday dinners and just do dessert. But if I have to pick I’d say the dip my mother makes, only during the holiday season.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Favorite holiday memory? I have so many of them… mostly of my Grandfather.

8. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Not anymore. We used to, but it was always ones that either a friend of the family had given us, or someone that my father knew through business.

9. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? The truth about Santa? What do you mean? What truth about Santa??

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? First we put the tree up, then lights, then ornaments, lastly we cover it with tinsel.

11. Snow love it or dread it? LOVE it, LOVE it, LOVE it. Can’t wait to get some.

12. Do you remember your favorite gift? Honestly, I don’t. I’m usually much more excited about gifts I’ve bought for others.

13. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? The most important thing? Reconnecting with what’s important in my life, my friends, family…

14. What tops your tree? That varies year to year. We have a blown glass topper that looks like a spike and we have an angel.

15. What’s your favorite holiday tradition? Putting out the manger.

16. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I much prefer giving.

17. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pumpkin pie.

18. What is your favorite Christmas song? That depends on my mood. Sometimes I like the hymns, other times the old favorite Christmas songs, and still other times I like the new, silly ones (like “I farted on Santa, so it’ll be a stinky Christmas for me”).

19. Candy Canes? Love em.

20. What is your favorite Christmas special/movie? My all time favorite would have to be White Christmas. But I enjoy many of them.

anyone else wanna be tagged? consider yourself tagged.

No comments: